[Exim] Exim + Debian + Squirrelmail

Autor: Amir Zangeneh (NTNU)
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Exim + Debian + Squirrelmail
Hi

I've been reading exim manual,docs,mailinlist. But there are several things that still remains unclear.

1.
------Goal:------

I'm currently trying to setup a mailserver on my debian machine, for the purpose of (only-real-)users being able to login from a external location and recieve/send mail. (I have bought my own hostname with own mail@??? so the domain part is ok). An exampel of my intention is that (real-)user foo can fill out his outlook express pop/smtp with mydomian.org and be able to send/reciev mail.

--Carried out:---
I have installed apache, exim , squirrelmail, courier-imap. Tested to send mail with outlook express using serverdomain as mailserver.

---Problem:----
I cannot make exim deliver mail to outlook express users.
I cannot make SMTP AUTH work. The documentation referse to local/Makefile all the time, but I did not compile exim myself. I did apt-get exim. And I cannot find documentation who tels me how to do things with using /etc/exim.conf.

2.

After, hopefully, having managed (1) I intend to setup a web-mail for the same users. So the can login from the web. I have already setup squirrelmail.

Problem:
But then agian I cannot make exim deliver incoming mail to /home/user/Maildir , in maildir-format (did maildirmake), by configurating /etc/exim.conf

I would really presuate help.

Thank You