Re: [Exim] new to exim/smtp authorization

Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: jaydrake
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] new to exim/smtp authorization
On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 01:01:55PM -0500,
jaydrake@??? <jaydrake@???> is thought to have said:

[long lines wrapped]
> What I've run into so far is that when I insert the following (seemingly
> simple...) rule, Exim won't restart.:
>
> host_auth_accept_relay = *
>
> If I remove that rule, everything is okay, but Exim does not do smtp
> authorization. (Which seems obvious to me...) What I don't understand is
> why that line, which seems to be somewhat important to this process,
> causes such issue. My only thought is that there should be more involved
> that I am missing?

You don't say what version of Exim or report what the error you receive is.

However it sounds like you may be using Exim 4 and host_auth_accept_relay is
an option which only exists in Exim 3. In Exim 4 it and many other options
were replaced by they ACL structure.

See Chapter 32 of the Exim 4 specification for details on doing SMTP AUTH in
Exim 4. And if in fact you're using Exim 3, then you'll need to be more
specific about the errors you receive. Look in your log files for that
information.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality