Re: [Exim] retry timeout exceedded

Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] retry timeout exceedded
On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 10:16:19AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> <grumble>
> What is the point of putting 7 MXs into the DNS if most of them always
> reject connections?
> </grumble>

I found out in the meantime that it's because 6 of them have broken TCP/ECN
(they junk the packets)
http://gtf.org/garzik/ecn/

I've already notified them of the problem, I hope they fix it.

> Your workaround, of course, is to set hosts_max_try to some larger
> number. My task is to make Exim look at the retry time for *all* the
> hosts before bouncing an address.

Cool, thanks for finding the root of the problem.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key