Re: [Exim] Problem with :fail: in alias files, Exim 4.05 and…

Autor: John Robinson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Problem with :fail: in alias files, Exim 4.05 and 4.10
At 10:35 02/08/2002 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, John Robinson wrote:
>
> > The Exim spec, for both 4.05 and 4.10, says near the end of section 21.6:
>
> > Any text following :fail: or :defer: is
> > placed in the error text associated with the failure.
>
> > Only, the text doesn't appear in the SMTP errors for me in 4.05 or 4.10.
>
>Oh, rats! I updated the 4.10 manual to discuss this point in the ACLs,
>and forgot to put in a cross-reference at 21.6. Noted for updating. The
>information is in section 37.8:

Ah, thanks very much! Yes, my configuration is derived from the default
configuration file, and I had paid close attention to the remarks about not
changing the default ACLs unless you really know what you're doing, which I
don't )-8

Next I'll try and add a second flavour of relay-domains: for domains for
which we act as secondary MX, and who don't care if sender addresses are
junk. I'm not keen on this myself - it'll mean lots more bounce messages
getting stuck on my queue, I expect - but still, without this we might be
rejecting messages that the primary MX would accept and deliver, so we'd
get complaints about our relay, which the boss doesn't want. Ah well.
Should be straightforward enough, but wish me luck...

Cheers,

John.

--
John Robinson                                     Tel +44 7771 784058
  Though my soul may set in darkness / It will rise in perfect light;