Re: [Exim] Problems configuring routers in 4.10

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: jgolden
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Problems configuring routers in 4.10
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 jgolden@??? wrote:

> I have configured the way you stated, and as you can see from the debug
> output it fails to work.

The debug output says:

internal_search_find: file="mail.aliases"
type=nis key="jgolden"
file lookup required for jgolden
in mail.aliases
lookup failed

This means it did a NIS lookup for the key "jgolden" in the nis map
mail.aliases, and the lookup didn't work.

> Now my alias in the NIS mail.aliases is as
> jgolden@isdkgont2

But Exim didn't find that.

You need to investigate what is happening with the NIS lookup. You can
use the -be option to test lookups via string expansions. Try:

exim -d -be '${lookup{jgolden}nis{mail.aliases}}'

I'm afraid I don't have a NIS environment in which I can easily do
tests. If Exim can't do the lookup, presumably you can test with some
other software to ensure that NIS is working.

Oh, another thing to try is the "nis0" lookup type:

exim -d -be '${lookup{jgolden}nis0{mail.aliases}}'

Maybe your NIS keys have trailing zeros.

The NIS code inside Exim (in src/lookups/nis.c) is extremely short and
simple. It hasn't been changed for years.

Philip