Re: [Exim] SpamAssassin Hints Needed

Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SpamAssassin Hints Needed
* Jeffrey Wheat <jeff@???> [20020801 20:08]: wrote:
> Thanks to all of you that flamed me when I was looking for spam solutions.
> It forced me to re-evaluate spamassassin and I have to admit the new version
> is much better.
>
> I am looking for a few hints on how to benefit more from this package.
> My setup is not that complicated. Exim 4.10 with the exiscan patch and
> the dynamically loadable local_scan patch for running sa-exim 2.0. I
> have all the perl modules with the exception of razor installed as well.
> With sophie and spamd running, I see little load on the server.B
>
> I am now wanting to move this setup onto my production mail server but
> wish to have the ability to use a per user opt-in/out and scoring. I
> have seen some documentation about this being supported using MySQL.
> My last attempt at using this resulted in it not getting the usernames
> to lookup in the table.
>
> Has anyone managed to get this to work and would be willing to share?

With local_scan, this is not yet possible. However, you can check

http://satools.sourceforge.net/

for another option.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@???>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

UNIX was half a billion (500000000) seconds old on
Tue Nov  5 00:53:20 1985 GMT (measuring since the time(2) epoch).
        -- Andy Tannenbaum