Re[2]: [Exim] Conditional queuing

Author: Peter A. Savitch
To: Philip Hazel
Subject: Re[2]: [Exim] Conditional queuing
Hello Philip,

PH> You can't stop an immediate delivery process starting up on the basis of
PH> where the message came from. You can, however, cause that process to
PH> defer all deliveries by putting this (untested) as your first router:

But I can stop an immediate delivery on the basis of remote domain
(queue_smtp_domains). Does it mean it's possible in general (by adding
more options)?

Can it be implemented by means of some special transport, the only
function of what is just to queue messages?

PH> delay_some:
PH>   driver = redirect
PH>   allow_defer
PH>   condition = ${if and {                        \
PH>                  {eq{$originator_uid}{1234}}    \
PH>                  {!queue_running}               \
PH>                  }{yes}{no}}                    \
PH>   data = :defer: you don't get to go until a queue run

This is known to return temporary delivery fail, which will confuse
local agent checking Exim exit code. Can it be avoided?

Thank You.
--
Best regards,
 Peter                            mailto:spam4octan@highway.ru