[Exim] Exim4: unknown named list error

Author: John Horne
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [Exim] Exim4: unknown named list error
Hello,

Second question for the day :-) Using Exim 4.10 I have in my configure file
the statement:

domainlist test_domains =

As far as I can tell from the debug output this is valid, and is handled
correctly when used in router options - it is simply treated as an empty
list. However, every so often - twice today - I receive in the main log and
the panic log the error:

2002-07-24 16:31:15 unknown named list "+test_domains"

The only areas where 'test_domains' is used in the configure file are:

domainlist relay_to_domains = @mx_any : +test_domains

  hostlist relay_from_hosts = FILE_SERVERS : PLYMOUTH : PLYM_SHORT : \
                              LOCAL_RELAYS : LOCALHOST : +test_domains

  mx_domains = ! +test_domains    (in a dnslookup router)

and that's it. I'll check the logs to see if I can see which message caused
the problem and if I can reproduce it. The router I tested with debugging
and that seemed okay, perhaps it doesn't like the empty domainlist on the
hostlist? I'm mixing hosts and domains just to try and reduce the number of
lists I end up with.

Are empty domainlists valid?

Regards,

John.