Re: [Exim] How to change message failure strings?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Glenn Carver
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] How to change message failure strings?
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Glenn Carver wrote:

> faillocaluser:
>    driver = redirect
>    allow_fail
>    data = :fail: No such local address could be found

> .. which works but somehow seems overkill. I would have thought it
> would be possible to add a log_message or error_message option to the
> router which specifies the message to return to the sender.

But *which* router? A router doesn't know that it's the last one. There
may be another one after it that handles the address.

> Since any
> router can have the no_more option I was expecting a generic option
> but couldn't see one. Although I can do what I want for the case
> when I run out of routers, I don't know how to change the error text
> for a router which fails and has no_more as an option.

That's when a router declines. Yes, it could perhaps specify a message
in that case, and I'll think about that. But for the "run out of
routers" case, I think the message has to be specified separately. After
all, the final router may have a "domains" setting (for example) and so
would be skipped for some domains.

I could add a separate option this_message_for_run_out_of_routers, I
suppose, for tidiness.