[Exim] How to change message failure strings?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Glenn Carver
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] How to change message failure strings?
I've been trying to change the messages that exim4 issues when
routers fail. For instance, if exim runs through all the routers, the
last being the localuser router it will normally send back
'unrouteable address' as the error message (exim3 used to say 'no
such local part' I think). I wanted to change this string.

I managed to do it by adding another router as the last one:

localuser:
driver = accept
check_local_user
transport = local_delivery

faillocaluser:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
data = :fail: No such local address could be found

.. which works but somehow seems overkill. I would have thought it
would be possible to add a log_message or error_message option to the
router which specifies the message to return to the sender. Since any
router can have the no_more option I was expecting a generic option
but couldn't see one. Although I can do what I want for the case
when I run out of routers, I don't know how to change the error text
for a router which fails and has no_more as an option.

I had a look through the spec & archive but didn't come up with
anything (other than hacking the code 8-).

Thanks
          Glenn