Re: [Exim] Rejecting forged local addresses

Autor: Miles Davis
A: exim-users
CC: Jeremy Koch
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Rejecting forged local addresses
On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 11:16:30AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On 17 Jul 2002, Jeremy Koch wrote:
>
> > First, thanks to everyone who helped make Exim possbile. It is a
> > wonderful MTA.
>
> Thank you.
>
> > What I need to do is check the senders domain against my list of local
> > domains. If a match is found check the senders IP against
> > host_accept_relay. If the senders domain is considered local and
> > senders IP matches host_accept_relay the message is accepted. Clear as
> > mud? To put it anther way - If the senders IP is not found in
> > host_accept_relay and the senders domain is local the message gets
> > rejected.
>
> So if one of your users sends a message to another host, where the
> recipient happens to have forwarded their mail to another user at your
> site, you refuse it. Do you want to do that?

Ugh...there goes my latest great idea. :(

I don't suppose anybody has come up with a good way of implementing at
least a limited version of this? Like, if the email did not at some point
originate from something in host_accept_relay then deny it? What I guess I
want is something that looks through the recieved lines for a match to one
of my systems (not that those can't be forged, but I haven't seen that
yet).

--
// Miles Davis - miles@??? - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities