Re: [Exim] can send but not receive

Autor: Paolo Gaggini
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] can send but not receive
On Sunday 21 July 2002 20:53, you wrote:
> Er, you mean, the domain is 'gseserver.net', and the MX record for that
> domain points at the _host_ 'mail.gseserver.net', for which the IP
> address is 213.155.200.101

Oops.. ok! Excuse me but... I'm a molecular biologist! Informatics is a
recent passion, and for me it's difficult to correctly translate the tech
English of the documentation. So, "www" and "mail" are hosts. I called them
"third level domain".

> I assume someone on the Internet is trying to send to
> 'paolo@???' ?

Right!

> It would also help if you posted the FULL bounce message that the
> outside user received when trying to send..

I use KMail (in a Madrake8.1/KDE3 system), which returns a window saying:

Sending failed:
The server didn't accept one of the recipients.
It said: 5.1.1 <paolo@???> is not a valid mailbox

> $ telnet mail.gseserver.net 25
>
> Connection closed by foreign host.

That's interesting. I have no idea for that. Do you use a Linux system (well,
with pine..)? May you try to suppose what can be the problem? Why it should
accept the connection and then close it immediately???

Thanks again! :)