RE: [Exim] Re: SPAM filtering

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Re: SPAM filtering
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Jeffrey Wheat wrote:

>     Most importantly, the idea is to STOP spam, not just put a tag
> on it telling my customers that the mail they are looking at is

So simply filter it out on the server after it was tagged.

> got a virus". It stops it and the customer never sees it. It doesn't
> kill my mail server by spawning perl processes for each mail arriving.

I don't know, but I think it can be configured to have a always running
daemon. Maybe there is a way to have a light-weight client be spawned
that talks to the already running spam-checking daemon.

[many, many lines of unrelated text deleted]

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net/