RE: [Exim] SPAM filtering

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] SPAM filtering
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Jeffrey Wheat wrote:

> With the lack of response on this I get the feeling that this topic is
> not one that anyone wishes to discuss. Perhaps there are some other

This list has been discussing ways to limit and stop spam every month for
at least a couple years now. (It has been quite useful.)

(I've always disliked mua's that do that and then only use one ">" because
then it becomes confusing to know what message you are replying to. So
the following I am replying to the previous message.)

> critical applications that my customers use. I have seen ads for
> earthlink that claim spam-free services and other companies as well. I

Maybe these companies manuall ready every one of their customers' emails
to check for spams? (Just joking.) Anyways, no one can guarantee spam-free
service.

As for a few servers I admin: I use a few dnsbl lists, I use the exim
filter to block certain keywords, block certain X-Mailer's, invalid
message-ids, etc. Plus, I also have my own small blackhole lists of sender
addresses and sender hosts.

Good luck,

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net/