RE: [Exim] Exim and Spamassassin pipe problem

Author: Simon Barr
To: Exim Users, j.horne
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim and Spamassassin pipe problem

> Yes I see, it is different. However, mine said 'after header', yours just
> says 'header'. I do not think exim is getting too far into the message at
> all before the error occurs. Do you run just the one mailhub? If not then
> perhaps you could run sa on one and not on the other, then see if you get
> similar problems on the non-sa mailhub. The only other thing I
> can think of
> is trying to see what the data actually is that is being passed
> to exim. You
> may need to fiddle wit hthe transport (a shadow transport?) to see what is
> going on.
>

> John.

John,

Its the only mail hub here so SA either needs to work or it gets turned
off. Your right I do need to see exactly what is being passed back to
Exim by spamc. I was thinking I might be able to get spamc to create
a log of its output each time it processes a mail, don't know how yet
but I'm looking. I'm not familiar with shadow transports, I'll have to
dig out the aye-aye book and read up on them.

I've also posted this problem on the SATalk mailing list and not had one
reply so it must be quite a rare problem.

What OS were you running on when you had problems, I don't recall.

Thanks,

Simon Barr
Systems Engineer

Chelsing Assemblies Ltd