[Exim] Rejecting forged local addresses

Autor: Jeremy Koch
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Rejecting forged local addresses
    Hello,

First, thanks to everyone who helped make Exim possbile. It is a
wonderful MTA.

It seems the latest ugly trend in spamming is forging the sender address
so it appears as though the mail is originating in from the local
domain. Example: Mail is addressed to jjk@??? from
jjk@???.

What I need to do is check the senders domain against my list of local
domains. If a match is found check the senders IP against
host_accept_relay. If the senders domain is considered local and
senders IP matches host_accept_relay the message is accepted. Clear as
mud? To put it anther way - If the senders IP is not found in
host_accept_relay and the senders domain is local the message gets
rejected.

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks,

--

-Jeremy

[ 1cd63c5ddff1bf8ce844237f580e9cf3 ]