Re: [Exim] Re: $home in filter when check_local_user is not …

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Miquel van Smoorenburg, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: $home in filter when check_local_user is not set
Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

>>>However when I execute a filter, $home is not set, and I
>>>would like it to be (for logging, for example).
>>>

>>The trick is, we read the whole filterfile, and "preprocess", by using
>>${sg} we search for    save (RELATIVE-PATH) and replace it with save
>>USERHOME/RELATIVE-PATH

> What an evil idea! But it works. The level of quoting required
> does give me an headache, however:

*G*
Use the force Luke ;)

One of the most impressive things in exim is the extreme flexibility,
one just need to know how to use it.

I think Exim is the only MTA, that could "emulate" other MTAs with such
"tricks", to make it easy to upgrade from one MTA (talking about real
MTAs, not Exchange ;) ) to Exim.

ciao