Re: [Exim] Unrouteable domain or not?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Glenn Carver
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Unrouteable domain or not?
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Glenn Carver wrote:

> Take the following log entries. The first recipient (msg 17URfp)
> (which is a forward from our system), fails saying the domain
> processrequest.com is unrouteable. Yet the following 2 messages
> (17URfP and 17URfQ) work fine. What's going on here? Why is
> processrequest.com unrouteable for the first user but not for the
> other two (paranoia: have I fouled up somewhere in converting from
> exim3->4).

Not your problem.

> 17URfP-0000Pc-00 <= listman@???
> H=dal1bs070.processrequest.com (DAL1BS070) [216.39.67.120] P=smtp
> S=5067
> 17URfP-0000Pc-00 ** d.e.sh@??? <du@???>
> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error
> from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<listman@???>
> SIZE=6209: host dirc.bris.ac.uk [137.222.10.51]: 550 Unrouteable do
> main 'ProcessRequest.com'

The host dirc.bris.ac.uk can't route the domain 'ProcessRequest.com',
and so rejects the sender. Why it can't route that domain is its
problem, not yours. The other hosts either can route it, or are not
checking senders.

The domain seems perfectly OK.