Re: [Exim] Re: request for version 4.10 (local_scan)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re: request for version 4.10 (local_scan)
On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

> | That's the kind of thing I didn't even know. I need to do research.
> | There is at present no time...
>
> How is that any different than it is now? Someone can make a
> local_scan that includes exim.h and calls functions that you haven't
> explicitly allowed. (in fact, the dlopen patch from David does that
> to get at the local_scan_module setting)

It's not necessarily different. The point I was trying to make wasn't
that. It was that I don't have any current knowledge of this dlopen
stuff, and it seems to me (judging from all the comments) that I
shouldn't release code in Exim that makes any use of it until I do
understand it more, because there appear to be tricky and important
issues.