[Exim] Re: request for version 4.10 (local_scan)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Re: request for version 4.10 (local_scan)
--
On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 03:17:24PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
| On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, David Woodhouse wrote:

| > I second that. It was provided as a proof-of-concept hack, for further
| > development.

| That's why I'm not rushing into doing anything.

At least my request resulted in feedback :-).

| > Indeed. Actually the ABI is a whole can of worms all on its own -- as soon
| > as we build Exim with -rdynamic we start exporting all kinds of internal
| > functions which Philip may want to change and/or remove at any time.

| That's the kind of thing I didn't even know. I need to do research.
| There is at present no time...

How is that any different than it is now? Someone can make a
local_scan that includes exim.h and calls functions that you haven't
explicitly allowed. (in fact, the dlopen patch from David does that
to get at the local_scan_module setting)

-D

--
A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.
--Kim Alm, a.s.r

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/