Re: [Exim] request for version 4.10 (local_scan)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] request for version 4.10 (local_scan)
On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

> Is there any chance you could include the dlopen-localscan patch in
> version 4.10?

No, I'm afraid not. It's too late. In any case, I'm only doing small
changes for 4.10. I consider the whole issue of dlopen to be a "large"
one, as indeed is the whole issue of developing the local_scan()
interface, for which there are a number of suggestions pending.

> Ideally you'll include it by the time you work out the interface for
> putting local_scan configuration options in the exim.conf file.

See? That's one of them... :-)

I'm still not at all sure that I should actually be touching the dlopen
stuff at all. Once you can add options to the runtime configuration for
local_scan(), you can then write a local_scan() that does all the dlopen
stuff itself - and can handle multiple functions, etc., etc.