Re: [Exim] trusted_users fixed string?

Author: John W Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] trusted_users fixed string?
At 8:29 -0700 6/27/2002, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:16:32AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
>> > If so, it's an RFE :-)
>>
>> What you could use (in Exim 4) is
>>
>> .include "/etc/trusted/users"
>>
>> if you want the list to be in a separate file.
>
>I keep forgetting about that, yes, it'd work, thanks.

Am I correct in thinking that a file included with .include would require a
HUP of the daemon after being changed (just like a change to the
configuration file proper)? I get that idea by implication from spec
section 6.3.

If so, it's a likely source of confusion, since we've learned that "you
don't have to HUP after changing a file mentioned in the configuration
file...they're read when needed."

It's probably worthy of explicit mention in the spec if true.

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA