Re: [Exim] trusted_users fixed string?

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] trusted_users fixed string?
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:16:32AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > If so, it's an RFE :-)
>
> What you could use (in Exim 4) is
>
> .include "/etc/trusted/users"
>
> if you want the list to be in a separate file.

I keep forgetting about that, yes, it'd work, thanks.

> Exim does the check for a trusted user really early on in its execution,
> _not_ every time it needs to know if it has been called by a trusted
> user. So there's not much in the way of expansion that might be useful.
> However, I suppose I could make it into a local part list so that you
> could use a lookup on it. I never expected it to be more than a list of
> 2 or three names....

There could be a few reasons for this to be dynamic, but I'm trying to build
an exim4 debian package that most people can use, and write an exim4.conf
that has all the options most people would need.
The idea is that people wouldn't have to modify that exim4.conf in most
configuration.
That's why I'm trying to load things like primary_hostname and trusted_users
from files (BTW trusted users is often stored in a file on sendmail).

> Added to the Wish List.

Thanks.
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key