Re: [Exim] Small change to exiwhat

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Iain Price
CC: Nico Erfurth, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Small change to exiwhat
On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 09:51, Iain Price wrote:
> True, but i think *all* unix implements process numbers as an increasing
> wrapping number, 16 bit (signed?). Anyway, if signed, you would have to
> have some ten thousand processes start and die per second for this to be
> an issue :D

Not at all - you need a process to have been around for just less than
an integer number of PID wrap periods and die just in time to have its
PID reused after it had been "seen" by the ps.

Remember some queue run and delivery processes could quite easily be
around for hours on a busy system.

    Nigel.