RE: [Exim] Dictionary attack defence ideas?

Autor: David Markham
A: exim-users, 'Juha Saarinen'
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Dictionary attack defence ideas?
Is this only an exim4 thing or will it work on exim 3 ?

I have have people mailing through our outbound servers allowed due to dial
up ips allowed to relay, but when they decide to spam or send to loads of
different recipients, its harder to find now as they keep changing their
from address and sending small numbers at a time of say 50-60.

They must be coming from the same host though, so will
smtp_accept_max_per_host or smtp_ratelimit_xxx help?

cheers