Re: [Exim] Dictionary attack defence ideas?

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Dictionary attack defence ideas?
On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 09:40:20AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> > Is there a way to e.g. teergrube idiots who bombard your server with lots
> > of connections? Max_connections_per_host or something?
> smtp_accept_max_per_host
> See also smtp_ratelimit_xxx for slowing down multiple commands on a
> single connection.

I'm thinking of patching the ACLs to include a "delay" modifier which
will always be true, but delay the answer of the running ACL. I need
to have a proper look at the code but this didn't look like a hugely
difficult thing to do.

Combined with the perl directives, I think this could allow me to
ditch SAUCE altogether. ;-)

MBM