Re: [Exim] Exim (and POP/IMAP) with LDAP

Autor: Douglas Gray Stephens
A: Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira
CC: exim-users, Suporte
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim (and POP/IMAP) with LDAP
Paulo,

At 18:10 (GMT+0000) on 6-July-2002, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

 >     Hi all,
 >     I'm new with LDAP, I only put it to work to serve adressbook with Netscape and Outlook. ;)

I turst your outlook users are simple users, as I can guarantee to
crash any outlook client if the user types in names with certain
characters. Miscrosoft have confirmed the issue happens even when
Activedirectory is used as the LDAP server.

 >     Now I have to install LDAP in a server with 600 users and autenticate them with Exim and a POP and IMAP servers.
 >     I have some questions?
 >     1) Anyone has a quick howto, or config files to send for me to configure Exim + LDAP?

I am not sure what you are wanting to do. Schlumberger have Exim
hooked into LDAP for some fancy mail forwarding and bounce handling,
but this does not include storing mail in local user mailboxes. The
set up includes the use of perl to do some of the string
manipulations.

Let me know if you would like more information on this example.

 >     2) Anyone knows about POP and IMAP servers with LDAP support? What configuration I have to use?

I know of people using iPlanet's Messenger and the Sendmail Pro
products with LDAP for user authentication with POP and IMAP
clients. (I suspect that you're really after public domain solution,
so these pointers may not help.)

Cheers,

Douglas.

--