[Exim] SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (Exim4…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Oliver Egginger
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (Exim4)
Hello,

I would like to understand this.

Since yesterday we using Exim4 (version 4.05).
I have a perl-script which sends mail via the socket interface.
Previously (with Exim3) I had no problems with this script,
but with Exim4, when I first try to send mail,
Exim gives the following error:

12:52:38 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (next input sent too soon): rejected "DATA" H= ...

I fixed this by sending the script to sleep for one second,
after the EHLO command and after the DATA command.
Now it works again.

Why I have to wait after the EHLO and the DATA command?
Can someone explain matters to me ?

Oliver