Re: [Exim] unexpected error message using TLS

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Xander D Harkness
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] unexpected error message using TLS
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> I am using auth plain and TLS from mozilla, which has worked very well
> on exim 3. It also works well using the debugging options as above.
>
> When I try to run exim using exim -bd i get the following error from
> Mozilla:

Very odd that it works with debugging turned on and not without.

> relay2.harkness.co.uk has sent an incorrect or unexpected message Error
> Code: -12263

I wonder if that means SMTP error code, or TLS error code?

> 2002-07-04 03:23:58 SMTP connection from (harkness.co.uk)
> [62.252.200.10]:2045 lost

So the server just sees a chopped connection.

> I have searched through my local exim archives and cannot find any
> similar difficulties. I am hoping that someone with more knowledge
> might know what the error -12263 was (It did not even come up on Google :-)

Unfortunately, I know very little about the internals of TLS (or
Mozilla). Given that turning on debugging in the server makes the
problem go away, I suspect that you are either going to have to find
some way of making Mozilla give you more debugging information, or put
some kind of a trace on the line to see exactly what is being sent - but
as it's encrypted, that probably won't help, come to think of it. Is
there any way Mozilla can be persuaded to show the SMTP commands and