Re: [Exim] Domain Literals and the exim4 docs

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Matthew Byng-Maddick, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Domain Literals and the exim4 docs
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 10:40:35AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> EXCEPTION: The very special case
>
> RCPT TO:<postmaster>
>
> is always accepted. The address gets qualified with the value of
> qualify_domain.
>
> OPTION 1: You can set {sender,recipient}_unqualified_hosts to match a list
> of hosts that are allowed to send unqualified senders and recipients. In
> that case, they too are qualified with the value of qualify domain.

Yep, and it's useful for other things too. From my config file:
# This is needed for unqualified Sender: rewriting (per Philip) because
# you can't do it with normal rewriting rules unfortunately
sender_unqualified_hosts = 10.0.0.0/8

> All this happens BEFORE the ACL is run. By the time the ACL is run, all
> addresses are fully qualified.

Ah, yes, you're right (duh!)
I misread the accept for postmaster ACL as a way to accept an unqualified
postmaster RCPT. Not sure why, I'll blame that on jetlag.

Thanks for the details.
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key