Re: [Exim] From Header format

Autor: Russ Wilton
A: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] From Header format

Dave C. wrote:

>>I know that's probably what the RFC says it should do, but is there any
>>way to display extra text like this at the end of the line? I've seen
>>the recent discussion of how to add extra X- headers for this sort of
>>thing, but I'm sure most users never look at them, so I'd like to put it
>>right there on the end of the From line. Any ideas how to make that
>>happen? Thanks.
>>

>Non any way which doesnt directly breaks the RFCs, no. And whats to stop
>someone from forging such a header, anyway?

You could be right... It may be an exercise in futility, even if I could
get the client software to cooperate. But I think I can force all local
clients to use Auth SMTP, and reject any incoming Internet mail that
claims to be from my domain. So I sould be able to at least discourage
student pranks. Thanks for your comments.

Russ

--
Russell D. Wilton                     E Mail: WILTON@???
Network Services Manager              Voice:   (403) 329-2525