Re: [Exim] quoting in local_domains and spec.txt

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Lightfoot
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] quoting in local_domains and spec.txt
On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20000515/018154.html
> it is suggested that a double-colon be used to escape
> '${quote_mysql:$key}' in a MySQL query which is part of a
> domain list. As far as I can see, this does not work,
> because string_nextinlist doesn't actually treat a
> double-colon specially.

It should do. Which release of Exim are we talking about? Mind you,
doubling the colon has been in Exim for a very long time. Here is the
code in string_nextinlist:

for (; *s != 0; s++)
{
if (*s == sep && *(++s) != sep) break;
if (p < buflen - 1) buffer[p++] = *s;
}

This does the job. My test are full of this kind of list. You must have
had some other problem.