Re: [Exim] Re: Re: Callbacks and bounces (exim v3)

Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: Philip Hazel
CC: Alan J. Flavell, Derrick 'dman' Hudson, Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Re: Callbacks and bounces (exim v3)
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 09:13:06AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
>
> > > I thought the callbacks operated on the envelope only.
> >
> > So why was exim (v3) trying to callback the header-from? I'm still
> > confused about this, sorry.
>
> In Exim 3, turning on callbacks turns them on for ALL verifications,
> including header address verifications when header_sender_verify is set.

Actually you wrote a small patch, which I integrated in my exim 3 patches
that allows you to do header from callback independantly from envelope from
callback
Those interested can find the patch around here:
ftp://ftp.vasoftware.com/pub/people/merlin/exim-3..../
(fill in the end, I'm not online right now: go to the latest version that
isn't 3.99, and grab the first diff)

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key