[Exim] Domain Literals and the exim4 docs

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Domain Literals and the exim4 docs
Hi,

in various places in the exim4 documentation, it is discouraged to
allow E-Mail to domain literals. While still required by the RFCs,
domain literals are seldomly used.

I'd like to point out that one of the uses of domain literals is
notifying the postmaster of a site that she is running an open relay.
A lot of the DNS block list use postmaster@[IP] to notify a site of
being listed.

Thus, I consider domain literals important, and would like to ask
Philip to at least consider to include this use of domain literals in
the docs. Otherwise, novice admins will probably never learn that
their site has been added to a DNS block list.

Greetings
Marc, now stepping down from his soap box