Re: [Exim] Underscore in domain is being rejected

Góra strony
Autor: Toshio Kumagai
Dla: Sean Rima
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Underscore in domain is being rejected
Hi Sean,

    Have you ever read RFC1034 ?
    Here's what it said:

=====

For example, when naming a mail domain, the user should satisfy both the
rules of this memo and those in RFC-822. When creating a new host name,
the old rules for HOSTS.TXT should be followed. This avoids problems
when old software is converted to use domain names.

The following syntax will result in fewer problems with many
applications that use domain names (e.g., mail, TELNET).

<domain> ::= <subdomain> | " "

<label> ::= <letter> [ [ <ldh-str> ] <let-dig> ]

<ldh-str> ::= <let-dig-hyp> | <let-dig-hyp> <ldh-str>

<let-dig-hyp> ::= <let-dig> | "-"

<let-dig> ::= <letter> | <digit>

<letter> ::= any one of the 52 alphabetic characters A through Z in
upper case and a through z in lower case

<digit> ::= any one of the ten digits 0 through 9

=====

    You _SHOULD NOT_ use underscore in domain part,
    regardsless of the applications.

HTH.

###