Re: [Exim] Re: header_syntax error message

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Para: exim-users
CC: dsh8290, djc, ph10, mb
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Re: header_syntax error message
On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 02:07:39PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> That isn't possible. The entire acl command :
>
>         deny    !verify  = header_syntax

> The log message :
>
> 2002-06-27 11:42:30 17NcLB-0000VZ-00 H=ip6-localhost (me) [::1] F=<devnull@???> rejected after DATA: "@" or "." expected after "Undisclosed": failing address in "To" header is: <Undisclosed Recipient:;>
>
> *I* didn't create the log message; exim did. In the current release,
> there is no way for me to get that data other than reading the
> rejectlog after the fact. (thus I've patched my copy to copy the log
> message into the "user" message which achieves the effect I want)

Yep.
That's why I wrote the patch that fixes that:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/

It applies fine to exim 4.04, but needs a little hand applying for exim 4.05
(Philip independantly fixed one of the problems my patched fixed, I'll try
to remember to upload a clean patch for exim 4.05)

See the web page for details (basically, it brings the error message logged
to rejectlog back to the SMTP transaction, and restores the behavior of exim
3.x).

I've already given the patch to Philip, but he's busy with his book right
now. It'll wait until he opens his exim 4.10 tree I reckon.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key