Re: [Exim] Overriding local_interfaces with -oX?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Greg Ward
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Overriding local_interfaces with -oX?
On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Greg Ward wrote:

> On my home machine, I have Exim configured with
>
> local_interfaces = 127.0.0.1.25 : 0.0.0.0.26
>
> because my ISP blocks incoming port 25, and I have configured an
> external server to treat mail for my personal domain specially (ie. it
> goes to port 26 on my home machine).
>
> However, this prevents me from using the -oX option -- eg. if I want to
> run a test daemon listening on port 2525:
>
>   # exim -odf -v -oX 2525 -bd
>   LOG: MAIN
>     socket bind() to port 25 for address 127.0.0.1 failed: Address already in use: waiting before trying again

> Grumble. The docs for 'local_interfaces' state:

Grumble indeed. It shouldn't do that. -oX should totally override. Ah!
Wait. Without testing (don't have time just this minute) I have a
feeling that -oX with just a port may get confused. I'll check this out.

But, come to think of it (I'm slow today - the Exim course I've just run
has scrambled my brain :-), what exactly did you intend to achieve by
that command? Did you want the new port to override the port on *both*
interfaces?

Have you tried -oX 127.0.0.1.2525

? That, I think, would work.

> Apparently -oX is ignored or irrelevant when local_interfaces does
> include a port. This is kind of annoying. Is there a workaround? I
> suppose I could always go back to what I did under Exim 3, running one
> daemon to listen to 127.0.0.1:25 and another for 0.0.0.0:26 -- yuck.

I think it just sets "the default port" if used that way. But you
certainly can use it as in my example above to override the whole value
of local_interfaces.

I'll try at least to improve the documentation.