[Exim] Overriding local_interfaces with -oX?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Greg Ward
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Overriding local_interfaces with -oX?
On my home machine, I have Exim configured with

local_interfaces = 127.0.0.1.25 : 0.0.0.0.26

because my ISP blocks incoming port 25, and I have configured an
external server to treat mail for my personal domain specially (ie. it
goes to port 26 on my home machine).

However, this prevents me from using the -oX option -- eg. if I want to
run a test daemon listening on port 2525:

  # exim -odf -v -oX 2525 -bd
  LOG: MAIN
    socket bind() to port 25 for address 127.0.0.1 failed: Address already in use: waiting before trying again

Grumble. The docs for 'local_interfaces' state:

[...] For interfaces listed without a port, the value of
daemon_smtp_port is used, unless overridden by the -oX option.

Apparently -oX is ignored or irrelevant when local_interfaces does
include a port. This is kind of annoying. Is there a workaround? I
suppose I could always go back to what I did under Exim 3, running one
daemon to listen to 127.0.0.1:25 and another for 0.0.0.0:26 -- yuck.
Better ideas?

        Greg