[Exim] Re: Still having problems with incoming mail being fr…

Author: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Still having problems with incoming mail being frozen....
--
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 02:59:18PM -0500, Cory Daehn wrote:
| Every incoming message gets a log entry something like this:

| 2002-06-20 14:47:46 17L7uE-0001jk-00 Unable to get root to set uid 60003
| and gid 12 for local delivery to patricia: uid=8 euid=8

| For some reason, exim (or another program) keeps changing itself to
| 102711 on it's access flags.

Another program. exim doesn't play with chmod.

| I originally had a crontab entry set up to run a script that checked
| (every 5 minutes) to ensure it was 106755 ... But it seems silly to
| have to run such a script all the time.

After correcting the permissions on exim, run
    chattr +i exim
and then see which other program breaks.  It's that other program that
keeps breaking exim on you.

| in order for exim to change it's UID for every incoming message, do I
| need to add *ALL* my users as trusted users or something?

No. trusted_users has _nothing_ to do with setuid(). setuid() is a
function in the C library and it is up to the kernel whether or not it
will fail.

-D

--

The remote desktop feature of Windows XP is really nice (and *novel*!).
As a Microsoft consultant can *remotely* disable the personal firewall

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/