Re: [Exim] Still having problems with incoming mail being fr…

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: mb
CC: Cory Daehn, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Still having problems with incoming mail being frozen....
On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 09:50:46AM +0100, mb@??? wrote:
> Are you running a Linux distribution but with your own hand-built exim?
> Some distributions helpfully remove suid bits from files that aren't
> "registered", eg with Debian I think it's "suidregister", as part of a
> cron job.

Just for info, suidregister on debian lets you change suid permissions on
packaged files so that you can change a permission, and when you upgrade the
package, the permission is maintained.

suidregister will not change permissions of random files that aren't part of
debian packages

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key