Re[3]: [Exim] SMTP AUTH problem in Config file

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jason Ostrom
Aan: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re[3]: [Exim] SMTP AUTH problem in Config file

>> Process 26786 is ready for new message
>> smtp_setup_msg entered
>> SMTP<< XXXX STRIKER

Dave C.>         ^^^^^
Dave C.> Is this unedited - is that actually when your logs show? Or did you put
Dave C.> X's there to hide something?

Yes, it's unedited.

Dave C.> Actually, I just had an idea. Is there a Cisco PIX between your clients
Dave C.> and your exim? If so, thats is 100% likely to be the problem. PIX'es
Dave C.> break ESMTP, and a few other aspects of normal mail, without adding ANY
Dave C.> security.

Yes, I have a PIX in front of the mail server.

Dave C.> The command to tell the PIX to quit screwing with your SMTP connections
Dave C.> is: "no fixup protocol smtp"

Dave C.> If you arent the PIX admin, get whoever is to do that. If they wont,
Dave C.> then you will never get SMTP AUTH working as long as your client has to
Dave C.> connect thru the PIX to your server.

I'll take care of it and let you know.

Yep, you (and Patrice) were right. Now I'm getting:
SMTP<< EHLO STRIKER

I can't thank you enough. I really appreciate that. The PIX screws
up ESMTP, what a lesson to learn.

-Jason