Re[2]: [Exim] SMTP AUTH problem in Config file

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave C.
Aan: Jason Ostrom
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re[2]: [Exim] SMTP AUTH problem in Config file
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Jason Ostrom wrote:

> Dave C.> Whats going on here? The sender should be sending an EHLO, SMTP AUTH is
> Dave C.> part of ESMTP. Is it sending EHLO? If so, why is you exim rejecting it?
> Dave C.> If its sending something else, it (the sender-smtp) is broken.
>
> Good question. Why am I seeing "unrecognized command" in the debug?
>
> This part of the debug seems indicative of the problem:
>
> Process 26786 is ready for new message
> smtp_setup_msg entered
> SMTP<< XXXX STRIKER

        ^^^^^
Is this unedited - is that actually when your logs show? Or did you put
X's there to hide something?

Actually, I just had an idea. Is there a Cisco PIX between your clients
and your exim? If so, thats is 100% likely to be the problem. PIX'es
break ESMTP, and a few other aspects of normal mail, without adding ANY
security.

The command to tell the PIX to quit screwing with your SMTP connections
is: "no fixup protocol smtp"

If you arent the PIX admin, get whoever is to do that. If they wont,
then you will never get SMTP AUTH working as long as your client has to
connect thru the PIX to your server.