Re: [Exim] separate archiving for incoming and outgoing?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mark Edwards
CC: exim-users
Assumptes nous: [Exim] :fail: doesn't send text
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] separate archiving for incoming and outgoing?
On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Mark Edwards wrote:

> Is it possible to distinguish between mail that is generated by a client
> connecting via SMTP (outgoing mail) and mail that is generated by another
> mail server communicating with exim (incoming mail)? Perhaps what I want
> to do isn't even possible.

From Exim's point of view, they are both incoming messages from other
hosts. How do *you* distinguish them? Presumably by the IP address of
the other host. That's how you'll have to do it in your filter file.
Test the value of $sender_host_address. (Note the existence of the
${mask: operation.)