Re: [Exim] Dots in local parts

Top Pagina
Auteur: James P. Roberts
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Dots in local parts
Imho, iff a leading dot in a local part is defined as illegal by the
relevant RFC(s), then it would make sense to include a check against it
in the default configuration. Unless there is some terribly good reason
to not do so... for example, a significant performance hit, or if there
are many legitimate users in the world currently depending on this
particular violation of the standards.

More generally, I would vote for rigorous enforcement of existing
standards, except in cases of extreme need If you do add it to the
default config, please post the ACL mods to the list, so those of us
already configured can do it the same way.

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.
(a very happy Exim user)