[Exim] Re: Restricting Aliases for Majordomo Lists

Autor: Derrick 'dman' Hudson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Restricting Aliases for Majordomo Lists
--
On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 05:03:16PM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
| On 14 June 2002, Cory Daehn said:
| > After being the embarassed one to have a user's infection with the HaHa
| > virus finding the <1023882439@???> in the header and manage to
| > e-mail addresses) I would like to restrict the outbound alias (now
| > renamed to txcoooking-list-outgoing & possibly moving all the outbound
| > aliases into their own alias files) so that only majordomo can send a
| > message to them. (not sure if user = would be majordom or
| > majordomo@localhost)

| Doesn't majordomo let you specify that only certain people (err,
| addresses) are allowed to post to a list? Or that list posts must be
| approved by a moderator/admin?

AFAIK majordomo requires the MTA to have a separate "private" address
that does the real delivery. If a client figures out that address,
then they can bypass majordomo's processing and directly spam all
members of the list.

| If it doesn't, you should probably slap a host-based ACL condition on at
| RCPT time. Err, you *are* using Exim 4, aren't you?

No, he isn't. That would be the easiest way to solve it!

-D

--

A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/