RE: [Exim] Re: Re: Frozen incoming messages?

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Cory Daehn
CC: 'Derrick 'dman' Hudson', 'Exim-User (E-mail)'
Temat: RE: [Exim] Re: Re: Frozen incoming messages?
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Cory Daehn wrote:

> The Mail queue is still freezing messages upon arrival.

What does the log say?

> Could the system load average have something to do with why exim is
> freezing messages rather than delivering them? What is the default
> behaviour for that feature?

Exim should not freeze for load problems. It should just delay delivery.
There should be an entry in the log stating why it has frozen a message.

> As I've said before, the docs online are
> about as helpful as a kick in the pants, even _IF_ you do know something
> about how internet e-mail works....

Sorry about that. I do my best in the time available to me... I'm always
open to suggestions for improvement. But the online specification is
indeed, just a specification, not a tutorial. The O'Reilly book attempts
to be more of a tutorial.

> I do however, wish that they had a separate mailing list for the 4.0

I can hardly keep up with one mailing list. Besides, a lot of points are
common to both.