[Exim] Newbie looking for lots of help....

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jim Pallister
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Newbie looking for lots of help....
I am getting lost setting up exim. Totally new to this MTA.

So please don't be too rough on me...

My setup:
linux server running as a firewall/mail server between internet and local windoze pc's.
domain: office.sys ip: 192.168.2.1
host: mail.office.sys
pop server: teapop
local wrkstation uses outloook express: user@???

All I need is a setup that allows local windows users to send mail to one another. External mail to the internet is handled elsewhere.

How do I setup alias files for users.
Do i use mailbox or maildirs - if so where do the go?

I've read the exim doc's and I get the concept of how it process mail but I can't figure out what files I need to configure

When  run exim now and send mail from a PC to another PC exim logs state
    unknown local-part "user" in domain "office.sys"

Thanks