Re: [Exim] Re: Read errors and Mailman

Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Read errors and Mailman
On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:22:46PM -0500,
Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dsh8290@???> is thought to have said:

> | > Mailguard offers nothing but a false sense of security at the expense of
> | > ESMTP and reliable mail delivery.
> |
> | Is there a way to configure Exim at all to communicate with this?
>
> I'm not sure. Before I read the rest of the queue I decided to play
> with the server via telnet. It gives some interesting responses (eg
> the banner and the helo reply), and seems to just hang if you give it
> a whole bunch of "unimplemented" commands. That looks like a really
> bad implementation to me, and correlates with Tabor's explanation. A
> little more playing ... "ehlo" is unimplemented; a newline in a
> command causes the hang.

Hmm. Looks like when I responded to the original requestor late last night,
the list didn't cc'd. For the benefit of the archives relating to the last
question above:

FAQ Q0021 (in the Exim 3 FAQ) comes into play here I think. Personally I've
had some success with setting DELIVER_OUT_BUFFER_SIZE low as suggested in
the FAQ but YMMV. However the better solution, if possible, is to convince
the remote site that MailGuard is a PoS and should be turned off.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality