Re: [Exim] RBL detection in Exim 4 router?

Autor: Dave C.
A: Matt Bernstein
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] RBL detection in Exim 4 router?
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Matt Bernstein wrote:

> At 09:03 -0400 Dave C. wrote:
>
> >>   deny    message = "sod off Mr ORDB-listed host"
> >>     hosts = +rbl_hosts
> >>     dnslists = relays.ordb.org
> >>     !verify = recipient

> >Actually, this would only deny if the hosts was in rbl_hosts, was listed
> >in relays.ordb.org, *and* the recipient was unverifiable.
> >
> >If thats what you want, then thats exactly what this will do.
>
> That is exactly what I want. I just have to do it mn times where m is the
> number of lists I'm checking on, and n is the number of separate tests I'm
> doing.. (mn is now 15 for me!) ..so I was hoping to do it elsewhere :-/
>
> (Not that I'm worried about this. 15 ACLs it is!)

(Er, or 15 entries in one ACL?)

You do realize you can do more than one in each: ?

  deny    message = "sod off Mr ORDB-listed host"
     hosts = +rbl_hosts
     dnslists = relays.ordb.org : foo.list.net : bar.list.com
     !verify = recipient

By the way, no one is going to read your rude messages, except the
legitimate users of the hosts in question, when their legit mail
bounces. N one you'd really care to say that to is ever going to see it,
and if on some miracle one of them actually does, all they will do is
laugh...