Re: [Exim] WebMin Module...

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Cory Daehn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] WebMin Module...
On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Cory Daehn wrote:

> --
> Does anyone know if there is a webmin module written for exim somewhere?
> I found it interesting that webmin came with modules for postfix,
> sendmail, and qmail, but nothing for exim....
> --

Look in the archives.

The consensus is (or was, I've been away for a while) that running
any MTA is a skilled job, and that a point and click interface
doesn't really help.
If you understand the subtleties of the questions, and how they
relate to your individual circumstances, then you can cope with
exim's plain text configuration file. If you don't understand them,
then a GUI just makes it easier to produce wonderfully broken
or inappropriate configs.

Given that exim is still evolving, it would be a continuous job
to keep webmin in step with exim features and documentation.
Unless we had another Phil Hazel just to do that, I think the
quality of the webmin module would be much lower than that of exim,
which would benefit no-one.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna